Some PC gamers may encounter error code 0x80242022 when trying to install an Xbox Game Pass game on a Windows 10 or Windows 11 device. In this article, Thewindowsfan.com will provide the most suitable solutions that you have. can try to successfully solve this problem.
Here is the description of the error code on the Xbox Support website:
Reconnect the drive you download to. We can’t find it.
This means your game files cannot be located.
Sửa mã lỗi 0x80242022 khi cài đặt game Xbox trên PC
If you encounter error code 0x80242022 while installing the game, you can try the solutions suggested below in a specific order and see if that helps resolve the issue.
1. Restart the PC
As suggested by the error message, you can wait a bit and then try to install the game, or just restart your computer and see if the error code 0x80242022 reappears when installing the game on your Windows 10/11 device or not.
2. Change the Xbox Game Pass app’s default install location for games
If you are trying to install the game to an external hard drive instead of the Windows installation drive, you will encounter this problem. In this case, you can change the default installation location of the Xbox Game Pass app for games. To do this, perform the following steps:
- Press Windows + I to open Settings app.
- Click System > Storage.
- In More Storage Settings, Click Change where new content is saved.
- Click New apps will save to menu drop-down.
- Select the drive where you want to save the newly downloaded content.
- Exit the Settings app when done.
3. Show game files
To show game files on a Windows PC, do the following:
- Press Windows + E to open File Explorer.
- Select View tab.
- Click to check the Hidden items box and show hidden files/folders.
- Locate and right-click the game file, then select Properties.
- In Attributes, click to remove the check mark from the Hidden box.
Now you can try reinstalling the game and see if the problem is resolved. If not, try the next solution.
4. Run the Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter
Microsoft’s Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter is a useful tool that helps you automatically fix problems when you are blocked from installing or removing programs. It also repairs corrupted registry keys.
5. Perform a clean boot and install the game
This error can be solved by performing a Clean Boot to start the Windows 10/11 computer with the minimum required drivers and programs—this will eliminate any conflicts that occurred during the game installation.
I hope these solutions are useful!