Dolby Atmos is one of the many features most sought after by people shopping for a new soundbar or home theater system—but it’s different from Dolby Audio. In this article, Thewindowsfan.com will show you how to install Dolby Audio on a PC running Windows 11 or Windows 10.
- How to switch the output audio device on the Windows 11 taskbar
To install Dolby Audio on Windows 11/10
You can download and install Dolby Audio on your Windows 10 or 11 device in one of two ways. We will explore this topic by following the methods outlined below.
Download and install Dolby Audio from the Microsoft Store
To download and install Dolby Audio on your Windows 10/11 device from the Microsoft Store,
- Open the Microsoft Store. If you are having trouble opening the Microsoft Store, this guide can help you: The Windows Store on Windows 10 crashed. Here’s how to fix it.
- Find dolby audio.
- Alternatively, you can visit this Dolby Audio page link on the Microsoft Store.
- Now, click the Get button to download and install Dolby Audio on your device.
Download and install Dolby Audio as a desktop application
This is a two-step process that includes:
1. Install Dolby Digital Plus AA driver.
2. Run the installation file for Dolby Digital Plus AA.
See the detailed process:
1. Install Dolby Digital Plus AA driver
To download and install the Dolby Digital Plus AA driver on a Windows 10/11 device, follow these steps:
- Search and download Dolby Digital Plus Advance Audio archive from dolby.com.
- Unzip the archive.
- Next, disable driver signature enforcement.
- Now that you have disabled driver signature enforcement, open Device Manager.
- In Device Manager, scroll down through the list of installed devices and expand the Sound, video and game controllers section.
- Right-click on Realtek (R) Audio and select Update driver.
- Click on Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click on Let me pick from a list of available drivers.
- Click on Have Disk.
- Click on Browse.
- In Locate File window, double-click on Dolby Digital Plus Advance Audio.
- In this folder, double click on the folder for your system architecture.
- Now, double-click on Drivers folder.
- In Drivers folder, double-click on AA Digital Plus file.
- Click OK on the Install From Disk prompt.
- Now, select Dolby Digital Plus Advance Audio.
- Press Next.
- Press Yes on Update Driver Warning prompt.
- Restart the computer to complete the update process.
- Now, please continue with step 2 below.
2. Run the installation file for Dolby Digital Plus AA
After your PC has finished booting, to run the setup file for Dolby Digital Plus AA on a Windows 10/11 device, do the following:
- Open Explorer File.
- Navigate to the location where you extracted the zip file in step 1 above.
- At the location, double click on the Dolby Digital Plus Advanced Audio folder.
- In this folder, double click on the folder for your system architecture (x64).
- Now, double-click on Setup folder.
- Double-click on the DolbyDigitalPlusAAx64 file to run the setup on a Windows 10/11 computer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install Dolby Digital Plus on your PC.
Above is the whole way to install Dolby Audio on Windows 11/10!