The Windows 11 Moment 3 (22H2) feature update is now available for download and installation through Windows Update and the Microsoft Update Catalog.
Microsoft wants to keep the excitement surrounding Windows 11 despite shifting to an annual release schedule for major feature updates. Moment 3 is Microsoft’s latest feature preview update, and it’s now available for computers running Windows 11 22H2 on machines that qualify.
Optional Moments updates, which may include new features or enhancements, will be released alongside Microsoft’s July Patch Tuesday update. Microsoft’s intention with Moment updates is to roll out minor new features and improvements between annual releases. Being a “cumulative/monthly-style update,” the revision lacks a formal moniker.
The name for it is KB5026446 and can be downloaded just like any other update; however, in order to use the new features, a toggle switch must be enabled.
Install Moment 3 update on Windows 11 22H2
Follow these directions to update to Windows 11 Moment 3:
- Open Settings.
- Go to System Restore.
- Just hit the “Verify if any changes have been made“.
- Select the update’s download and installation button to get it.
- It’s time to reboot.
- About Go to Preferences > System > About, and ensure that your version number is at least 22621.1778 / 22H2.
- The Windows Update page can be accessed again.
- Put the switch next to “Get the latest updates as soon as they are available” into the On position.
- Finally, go back and check for updates so you can get the Modifications to Windows’ Setup, the completion of which necessitates a system reboot. Once that is complete, you can use any and all of Moment 3’s functions. Regular security updates will continue to be applied regardless of whether the toggle is turned On or Off.
In the June 2023 optional update for Windows 11, the Moment 3 features will be turned on by default. All of Moment 3’s features will get the Patch Tuesday update that drops in July 2023 without any manual intervention on your part.
If you cannot wait, if the optional update does not appear when you check for updates, or if the update has not been installed, then perform the following steps.
Install Windows 11 Moment 3 update manually
- Open Edge or Chrome, and go to theCatalog of Microsoft Updatescatalog.update.microsoft.com) website.
- To find what you’re looking for, type your query into the search bar KB5026446.
- When you find a package that works for your OS and hardware, click the download button next to it.
- Open the .msuto start the setup procedure by using a specific file.
- Click “YesUpon being asked by theUser Activated Security (UAS).
- The A Windows Update Setup Programwill see if there are any updates available and ensure compatibility with the update. To save time during the patch installation, you can disable your internet connection.
The final step is to reboot your computer after installing the Windows configurations update as described above.
What’s new in Windows 11 Moment 3 update
With this update, Microsoft is able to provide live captions in a wider variety of languages, including Simplified and Traditional Chinese, French (France, Canada), German, Japanese, Spanish, and more.
In this update, the in-app Voice Access command help page receives a facelift. There is now an explanation and some sample customizations for each command.
Think about asking your computer, “What do I say?” and getting a useful page with lots of voice commands to choose from. More people can benefit from this function now that it is available in a variety of English varieties, including British English, American English, Canadian English, New Zealand English, and Australian English.
In addition, Windows now has voice commands for selecting and editing text, allowing you to enhance your document by simply saying things like, “Bold that,” or “Italicize that.”
Simplified Two-Factor Authentication and Improved File Explorer
The copy button for 2FA codes has been added to notification toasts in the Moment 3 update, making two-factor authentication much easier to use.
Consider receiving a two-factor authentication code in your email app; with the new feature, you can easily copy the code and paste it where needed. In addition, keyboard shortcuts for frequently used commands can be assigned to the context menu in File Explorer.
Security and Privacy Upgrades
With Windows 11, users are now alerted to the health of their VPN connection right from the system tray. To better secure devices in environments with multiple users, such as frontline workers, classrooms, and retail stores, this update also introduces a new multi-app kiosk mode that allows administrators to specify which apps can run on a device.
Improved System Management
The updated Task Manager now has the ability to collect live kernel memory dumps (LKD), a powerful tool for system diagnostics that doesn’t need to shut down the OS.
You can gather information about a problem like an unresponsive program without bringing the whole system down by using LKD. In addition, the touch keyboard’s appearance settings have been improved, making it a useful tool for both convertibles and tablets.
Display and Device Management
Laptops and 2-in-1 devices can now take advantage of Content Adaptive Brightness Control (CABC) in Windows 11 Update Rollup 3.
This function dynamically adjusts the brightness of the screen depending on the current content, striking a good balance between battery life and viewing pleasure. In addition, systems that are USB4-capable now have a new Settings page dedicated to hubs and devices that use the standard.
This revision also includes a number of other enhancements.
Changes include making it possible for the system tray clock to show seconds, speeding up the search within Settings, and remapping the print screen key’s functionality to launch the Snipping Tool by default.
The Input Method Editor (IME) has been used to enhance cloud and integrated search suggestions for Simplified Chinese.
Users now have more say over which apps have access to their location data thanks to a new privacy setting for presence sensors. Finally, the number of tabs displayed via ALT TAB and Snap Assist has been capped at 20 in Settings.
Overall, Windows 11 Moment 3 introduces many upgrades to strengthen security, privacy, and system control, resulting in a better user experience and increased productivity.