THIS GUIDE WILL HELP YOU ON HOW TO MAKE TASKBAR ICONS SMALLER IN SIZE SO THAT YOU CAN LODGE EVEN MORE APPS ON TASKBAR.
Taskbar has been a nifty tool to use since the earlier versions of Windows. Although it might look quite trivial feature, but we use it every now and then to multitask frequently. Taskbar can house several apps that you need to keep open and are currently working on. However, at times there can be a situation when there is no more space on the taskbar and you want to accommodate even more app icons to rest on it. Making the taskbar app icons smaller can come in handy at such conundrums.
If you want to save some space on taskbar by reducing the icons’ size then this guide is going to help you do it in Windows 10. There are two methods to do so. Read on to know about it in detail.
Make Taskbar Icons’ Size Smaller
Method 1: Using Taskbar Properties
1. Right-Click on the taskbar and select Properties.
2. Now, In Taskbar and Start Menu properties window, under Taskbar tab (which is shown by default), look for and tick on the checkbox named Use small taskbar buttons.
3. Click on Apply and then OK to save the settings. You should now see the taskbar size has been crunched and icons are quite smaller. Even the Cortana search box is replaced by a lone Cortana icon. You now have plenty of space available on the taskbar.
Method 2: Using Registry Editor
Disclaimer: Modifying the registry can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Use the information provided at your own risk. Please create a System Restore Point before editing any registry entry.
1. Press + R to open Run prompt. Type regedit.exe and hit Enter. Select Yes in the User Account Control window that pops up, to launch Registry Editor.
2. Navigate to the following key on the left pane of Registry Editor:
3. Now, on the right side window of Registry Editor, look for TaskbarSmallIcons and double-click to open it.
4. Change its value to 1, as shown in the above image and click OK to save the settings.
5. Close the Registry Editor and sign out off your PC to make the changes effective. Once signed back in, you should see that taskbar size has been reduced and even icons are smaller themselves.
That’s about it! Hope this helps you keep multi-tasking like a pro!