We’ve all had the experience of having a file on a USB suddenly disappear for unknown reasons. This is because the virus has penetrated the USB stick, causing the data to disappear or be hidden, affecting your work. And with cases like this, it is essential to use software that supports showing hidden files on USB. In this article, the Network Administrator will introduce you to the 7 most popular programs used to show hidden files on USB drives when attacked by viruses.
At the top of the list is Recuva software, capable of professional and efficient data recovery. If your USB has a file loss or hidden file situation, Recuva will help us get it back. In particular, Recuva can also restore data that we have deleted on the computer or when the computer has a problem that leads to data loss.
If those who do office work and often have to deal with Word documents use Recuva, it can also help restore Word format that has not been archived or has been damaged in the process. Users can retrieve those Word files from the document’s temporary files.
Take a look at what features you can expect to find inside Recuva. The features below are a combination of what is included in the free as well as Professional versions:
- File Recovery: As advertised on the website, you can recover any type of file with Recuva from any rewritable storage medium. This includes photos, documents, and music from devices such as USBs, SD cards, external hard drives, and more.
- Virtual hard drive support: With the Professional version, you have the option to scan and recover data from the virtual hard drive.
- Deep Scan: Can’t find what you’re looking for with a regular scan? The deep scan option provides a deeper look at your hard drive, but it will certainly take longer to scan than usual.
- Secure Erase: If you want to make sure a file can’t be recovered even after deletion, you can use Recuva’s military-standard erasure technique to securely overwrite the data so that it can’t be recovered by default. any guest.
- Portable version available: When recovering data, the last thing you want to do is install new software that will overwrite your files. Recuva portable can be booted from USB to recover your files without risk of data loss.
While not all features are included in the free version, you still get a lot of access to what Recuva has to offer. You can try the free version first and consider upgrading later, depending on your needs.
2. Disk Drill
Disk Drill is an efficient and easy-to-use data recovery software that helps recover data lost due to viruses on computer systems and external devices such as memory cards, USB drives,… Everything you do is download Disk Drill, select the drive with the file to recover, then click Recover and wait for the software to scan.
However, the program only allows users to scan and preview hidden, lost files, allowing data recovery with a capacity of about 500MB. If you want to recover unlimited files and folders, you need to upgrade to the $89 paid version.
Software to show hidden files on USB Disk Drill
Download Disk Drill
3. FixAttrb Bkav
The FixAttrb Bkav tool, like Recuva software, is very effective at recovering hidden documents on USB. The software will change the properties of files, folders, or data hidden by viruses and then restore all this data. Furthermore, if your computer’s drive is experiencing the same problem of being hidden, FixAttrb Bkav can restore the format of the hidden or lost file.
Download FixAttrb Bkav
4. USB Show
USB Show will help users recover hidden files and fix errors in USB due to virus attacks or other reasons. Besides, the software is also effective with hidden folders on the computer’s Flash drives and hard drives when recovering data and folders that are hidden or deleted for various reasons. For hard drives, the performance of the software depends on the capacity of the hard drive and RAM memory.
Download USB Show
5. Smadav Antivirus
Smadav is one of the most effective offline antivirus programs. The program can automatically detect and scan your USB drive every time you plug it into your computer. In addition, Smadav is also one of the ways to show hidden files on your computer and USB drives, protecting your computer from virus attacks.
Download Smadav Antivirus
6. MiniTool Power Data Recovery
MiniTool Power Data Recovery is a free program that can be used to recover usage data in Windows 10/8/7. The program also allows users to recover hidden files on USB, SD memory card, hard disk or other storage devices easily and safely.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery can help you recover and restore files, folders, photos, videos, music, and other types of data.
Download MiniTool Power Data Recovery
7. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
Another program you can use is EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. This program can recover, show hidden files, and hide folders from a USB Flash Drive, Pen Drive, memory card, external hard drive,… very fast and easy to use.
Connect your USB Flash Drive, Pen Drive, hard drive to your computer and launch the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard.
Download EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
Above are 7 useful software programs for recovering hidden files or deleted data on USB when infected by a virus or due to other errors. In addition, Recuva, FixAttrb Bkav and USB Show software also support displaying all types of files in folders on the computer’s drive. These 7 programs are a good choice if you need to recover lost or deleted files.
See also the following articles:
- Restoring the Windows PC with System Restore
- Instructions to find and recover deleted data
- How to fix the Windows 7/8/8.1/10 black screen error
We wish you success!